Siem Reap to Battambang by Boat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Battambang
June 30th 2008
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Seam Reap by Boat, by the picture onthe ticket, it looked quite nice and relaxing for 7-10hrs, but when we arrived it was a small but long boat, where everyone had to sit either side and stare at each other the whole way, ha ha!! We went through a floating village called "Chong Kneas", then out on too a large lake called Tonle Sap Lake, but it was really rough, we got soaked, then back through small water ways and villages, very scenic.

We saw a fair bit of wild life on the way, a Monkey among the grasses, King Fishers and a bird of pray of some kind.

We arrived in Battambang mid afternoon, this place was strange, not many tourists around, lots of people just looked at you, we couldnt find any places to get a drink or something quick to eat but the next day we got the map out and went on a walkabout and found where some places.

We hired 2 motorbikes with drivers to take us on a day trip to see villages, Temples(we cant do any more!!!!!!!!!), Fruit Bats, these lived in a massive tree and were protected by the Monks, these things were massive and noisy. The Killing Cave, where 10,000 people were killed by bamboo then thrown into a cave. We took a ride on a Bamboo Train, it was such fun, they want to stop this, but really they should keep this going to give the locals money and make a living, these trains have wheels from a army tank, the track is a normal train line, but dont worry they only have one train a day something silly like that, then the base is Bamboo, hense the name, and an engine, everything possile gets loaded on and off we go, the track was terrible, gaps, uneven, grass and plants growing onthe tracks, people crossing it but it went so fast it was great fun.

We were going to stay there for 4 nights but as we did everything in the one day we descided to head for Bangkok, Thailand, via Poipet(boarder town)


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb