Phnom Bakheng - Elephant ride


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
April 26th 2009
Published: April 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This temple is one of the best place to see the sunset in Ankor, offering a view of the Tonle Sap lake and a distant Wat.

You are able to take an Elephant ride up the 1.5km hill, which Brad and I chose to do. A wonderful experience, your elephant driver or rider which ever it may be even has a pocket on the back of his shirt for tips.

There is also a lot of stairs to climb that go straight up, going up not a problem, coming down when you are scared of heights can be... So I hung tightly to brad's shirt as he went back down one step at a time. I figured we had better leave before the sun completely set as there is no lighting at all on the way down.

At the bottom there is always someone selling something, either books, painting, postcards or t shirts. Most are well versed in what is going on in each country. For example little kids " where you from?" Australia....
"Australia, Kevin Rudd, the prime minister, population 123456??? Million", they know more than me at this stage.... Then you have some kids who just don't quite get it right, we had one little girl telling me she was born in Australia and she was Kevin Rudd.... Ask them something more ordinary, that is not a common question, Like how many seasons they have and they can't understand you or your English as they seem to have been taught only the common phrases that will hook the tourist in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

334334
334

Oh my God...look at the stairs...they go straight up
400400
400

Does this look like a familiar position........
425425
425

Sun setting on Tonle sap lake..


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb