I made it to Cambodia!!!!!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
June 15th 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello!
After a long bus ride across the border of Thailand we finally made it to Cambodia!!!! Lauren and I checked in with our travel group yesterday evening and then met up with May again. THere are 10 other people on our tour (all couples). I think Lauren and I make the best pair though! Everyone seems nice. THere are two couples from Austrailia, one from Canada, and one from New Zealand. The tour will take us from Bangkok to Hanoi over the next 19 days, but first we stop in Cambodia.
Lauren and I had kind of a rough morning after our farwell dinner with May's family last night. We were out quite late, and it was tough getting up to have to sit in a 10 hour bus ride from Bangkok to Cambodia. The roads after we crossed the border were horrible. They were completely unpaved and full of pot holes. IT kind of felt like being on an amusement park ride. The border was uneventful and we got our cambodia visas taken care of. Our hotel in Siem Reap is nice and clean, and even had travel toothbrushes in the bathroom. The town is pretty small (only about 30000) and people only really come here because of the Angkor temples. Tomorrow we have to wake up early, and will go to 4 of the Angkor temples. Two before lunch and two after, so it should be a fairly busy day of sightseeing. I am pretty excited about this quick internet, becuase I was actually able to upload a few pictures from Thailand and cambodia. Hopefully I will encounter more quick internet and can upload some more while I'm here. If i have time, I will try to upload some more from India as well.
The rest of the time spent in Thailand was very relaxing. May's family really pampered us and stuffed us with food. We even had time to get pedicures and massages. Quite the life i must say!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb