The temples of Angkor


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
May 5th 2008
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Phnom BakhengPhnom BakhengPhnom Bakheng

Sunset from the top of Phnom Bakheng
So we spent sunset at Phnom Bakheng, catching our first sight of Angkor Wat. After a short time we went back to the hotel to change before going into town, and watching Fulham win again. Amazing - we are now out of the bottom three and it all comes down to the last game.

After a few hours sleep we were up at 4.30 am to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat. Sat by a lake and saw the reflection of the temple while the sun rose - beautiful. We then walked around the temple with virtually no one else there.

We then spent the day going from temple to temple, until we were too tired and hot to continue. We went back to the hotel and spent the late afternoon catching up on some sleep, before going into town for our last night.

Cambodia is a great place and we would love to come back one day and visit the rest of the country. Five days was nowhere near enough in a country like this, but I am so glad that we came here and saw the Temples of Angkor in our last days. They are stunning.
Phnom BakhengPhnom BakhengPhnom Bakheng

Monk with Angkor Wat in the distance


We left Siem Reap this morning and got a flight to Bangkok, where we are now, waiting for our flight home to London. I will do a final entry when we are home tomorrow.

Love to you all

Tina


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Angkor WatAngkor Wat
Angkor Wat

Sunrise over Angkor Wat
PhimeanakasPhimeanakas
Phimeanakas

Chris on the steps


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb