Finally at home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Epsom
May 9th 2008
Published: May 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our flight from Cambodia arrived at Bangkok airport at 2pm on the 5th May, and our flight home was at 00.45am on the 6th May, so we knew that we were going to be in Bangkok airport for some hours, however it turned out to be much longer than we thought.

We got to the gate about 11.30pm having spent many hours in a restaurant, to be told that the pilot was sick and that they were trying to find a replacement pilot and to come back to the gate at 2.00 am. We were given food vouchers so we could get some dinner (who wants to eat dinner at midnight?) and went back to the restaurant, along with several hundred other travellers. At 2.00am we duly went back to the gate to be told that the flight was cancelled and that we would be put up in hotels for the night and that the flight home would hopefully be at 3.00pm later that day.

As we had gone through passpost control we all had to queue up to get our departure stamps cancelled before we could leave the airport. It was then onto buses for a 45 minute drive to the hotel. Once at the hotel we again queued to get room keys, to be told when we were at the front of the queue that there were no more clean roms and that housekeeping were making them up as fast as they could. Eventually we were given a room key and got to our room at 4.45am. Four hours sleep later I was up for breakfast (Chris decided to stay in bed) and then at 11.30am we were back to the airport.

The plane did take off at 3.00pm and we landed safey at Heathrow 15 hours later than we should have done. The plus was that we were upgraded to Premium class so had champagne as soon as we got on the plane, good food, and drinks whenever we wanted, and great big seats.

So we have been home a few days now and are just about over the jet lag, and getting the house back to normal. There is a mountain of paperwork to do, I'm doing a bit a day. Chris is back to work on Monday and I will be back in a weeks time or so.

Thanks to all of you that have read my blog, hope it's not been too boring, and thanks to those of you that left messages and sent e-mails.

The trip didn't quite end the way it should have done, with the 4 of us landing on the 30th June having finished our trip in India, but we had a fantastic time and we need to start saving for the next one!

Love to you all

Tina







Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb