The Fabulous Country of Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
August 10th 2007
Published: October 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post















Capital - Phnom Penh (pronounced nom pen)
1USD = 4000 reil

Famous for Ankor Wat Temples and The Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot and Angelina Joely's kid!!


Said goodbye to John in KL after his swift hungover departure...

I'm getting outta here...this place is S*****...

- and all he seen was the inside of an Irish bar..lol!!!) so we arranged to meet him in Koh Tao-Thailand where he was going to meet his friend that owned the Irish bar on the Island.

We booked our flight into Cambodia - Seam Reap Airport - both pretty excited about this country as we have heard so much about it. Boarded our Man United Plane in KL (Yes - I kid you not...I have the proof) and landed in Cambodia a few hours later, you can get your visa at the airport for 20USD and it was all very smooth going, got our tuk tuk into Seam Reap (Meaning Siamese Defeated!!) and found a lovely hotel...

This city is nice enough, lots of shops and restaurants, massage and if your the type to look for a happy ending..I'm sure you can find that also, hotels, bars, street food and all very inexpensive, the next day we arranged for our tuk tuk driver to pick us up and head for Angkor Wat Temples of course we forgot that it was 20USD in so that left us with no money for food or water for the day... On arriving there and seeing these infamous temples it really did make you wonder how on earth they were built...and very nearly destroyed by the Khmer Rouge... I watched a brilliant DVD lately called the Killing Fields..all about the Khmer and what atrocities they caused to the Cambodian people..... they slaughtered millions of men, women and Children, anyone that looked intelligent..anyone with glasses...that could read..... and called it YEAR ZERO I've went into more details about it on the next few blogs.



The people of this country are just AMAZING....so warm and kind and I'd recommend anyone to visit, it really is a very special place and the people make it even better.



Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Siem Reap - Angkor Wat TemplesSiem Reap - Angkor Wat Temples
Siem Reap - Angkor Wat Temples

Wow - this is an amazing pic


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb