More of the same same


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
January 31st 2007
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We walked around the ruins of Preah Khan today then took a baloon ride up to get a birds eye view of the area around Ankor Wat.

After kunch we visited the land mine museum. Run by a former Khmer Rouge child soldier who has dedicated his life to removing land mines and unexploded ordinances from Cambodia. Very eye opening.

I added a few pictures to the last entry. You may have noticed I have reduced the quality of the pictures quite a bit to make them easier to load with the slow internet here.

Tomorrow will be our last day here. In the morning we are taking the boat to Battambang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Preah KhanPreah Khan
Preah Khan

More massive trees and roots at Preah Khan.
Up up and, well, not away.Up up and, well, not away.
Up up and, well, not away.

We stayed atached to the ground by a cable.
Landmine museumLandmine museum
Landmine museum

A very interesting visit to learn all about land mines and the destruction they cause.


1st February 2007

A Substantial Improvement???
I've had some different views of you while playing soccer but I rather like that one with the tree on your head.....just kidding. I just wanted to write and say that I and the family have quite enjoyed looking at your pictures and following your adventures so far. What you guys are doing as a family is a wonderful thing. Have a great trip!!
1st February 2007

I love your blog, it has been fantastic reading about your adventures! I will share your latest with the 9-2 class, they will love to hear what Jasmine is getting to do. Stay safe!
3rd February 2007

Haha
Thanks Earl.

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb