Kratie - Not Really Worth a Mention


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » East » Kratié
November 15th 2009
Published: November 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kratie


We made our way East from Siem Reap to Kratie, this took a monotonous 12 hours by various buses all of which broke down at some point. We eventually arrived in the dark, never a favourite for any traveller, but were kindly greeted by a man and his tuk tuk and a sign for the guesthouse we had earmarked to head too. So off we went and ended up at YouHong Guesthouse $5 for a double en-suite, not bad hey!!!!

There isn’t much else to say about our time here, there really was nothing to do here. We had a potter along the banks of the Mekong, had a few beers and chatted to fellow travellers. We could have took a trip to see the rare Irrawaddy dolphins but the bus journey the day before had took all enthusiasm out of us, we even made the decision to head straight to Laos instead of going to our next planned stop in Eastern Cambodia, Ban Lung!!!

To sum up Cambodia, we loved it, the people are so friendly and the country truly is beautiful, it was more expensive than we thought it was going to be, at some points more expensive than Vietnam, especially travel but this more to the fact that everything is priced in US dollars.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb