Monday October 12th Yangon Myanmar


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
October 12th 2015
Published: October 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well we were up and at it bright and early with our flight leaving Singapore to Yangon at 855am and arriving at 1025am.

As our first stop on the start of our tour in Myanmar, Yangon was very interesting to say the lease and we realize how fortunate we are. Yangon is very beautiful in many ways yet has so much work that needs to be done. You do see the change starting to happen though.

As we star our trip from the airport Kerri notices that although the steering wheel is on the right side they drive on the right. Traffic is crazy here and very congested. If you plan on driving make sure your horn works.

We get to our hotel which is downtown. All kinds of shops just outside and the same with food just o the side of the street. Our hotel has a roof top which allows us to see the whole city.

We start our journey walking and we first end up at the Sule pagoda, a beautiful park and city hall. As We keep touring we come across the train station. Next it was a walk north to find another pagoda. Well on our way we find a beautiful path and many amazing people. Next and final stop before dinner was the most amazing Pagoda which is called Shewedagon.



Great pictures are always worth a thousand words


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



13th October 2015

Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip and really exploring the cities. Keep up that energy. Xx
13th October 2015

Amazing pictures!!!
Wow!

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb