Blogging Off


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
March 29th 2006
Published: April 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Not really an entry but just wanted to post something while in Myanmar so we can color in more of that little world map on the title page. Though I just went across the border to get my stay extended in Thailand it still counts as being in another country. As an American, you dont really need a visa for Thailand-- they'll let you in on goodwill for a period of up to 30 days. If you want to stay longer, you just have to leave the country and come back- you can literally walk across a land border and turn around- and do that as many times as you like. Did that at Mae Sot and now I'm good for another month.

But this is probably the last blog to be entered in this diary of ours- just a little something to wrap it up nice and neat. The trip's essentially over. Carolee has made her exit-- back to the States to take part in a friend's wedding (congratulations Lisa and Justin!) and I'm content to retire the rest of this month bouncing between Bangkok and visiting my Dad. Though I do have 4 more weeks here, and in Thailand a lot can happen in 24 hrs (take for instance the other weekend in Koh Samet when I was attacked by a gang of stray dogs on the beach or woke up in a treehouse after a heavy bender), we are putting the blog to rest. Thanks to everyone who followed along despite the unbalanced, overly-biased perspective and unrefined censorship of speech. It has been one amazing trip. We've reveled atop mountains, rested along beaches, endured the wastelands of the desert and adventured out to sea. The Great Wall, Mt. Everest, The Great Pyramids, the Taj Mahal- not too bad a list. But the money's run out and that thing called responsibility is starting to nag on us. So now we leave the wilds of the East only to return to the wilds of New York. We'll have to resettle into independence and competition, fashion status and sticker shock. But returning with only a bag full of 6 month old dirty clothes and a Metrocard, perhaps another adventure is about to begin...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.139s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb