Myanmar vs. United States


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Yangon Region » Yangon
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I am comparing Myanmar to United States. United States is ranked number 3 (.937) out of all the countries based on their HDI score, and Myanmar is ranked 149 (.498). The lower the rank of the country, the more developed the country is.

One measure I used as comparison was the average life expectancy. Myanmar had an average of about 65.7 years old while United States had an average of about 78.7 years old. This shows that United States is more developed than this country because it has a higher average life expectancy, which shows that their health care is better than Myanmar.

The second measure I used was the average years of schooling. Myanmar had an average of 3.9 years of schooling, which shows that a lot of people are illiterate and uneducated. United States had an average of 13.3 years of schooling. This shows that United States take education more seriously in order to have a better future and have less people who are illiterate.

The third measure I used was the average amount of income a person makes. Myanmar's average was about $1,817 while United States has an average of about $43,480. There is a huge gap between the amounts of income a person makes a year. This shows that Myanmar is a poor country that is not able to provide their citizens with fair and decent treatments.

Myanmar has a high percentage of people who are uneducated, make less than $2,000 a year, and have a shorter life expectancy. Overall, I concluded that Myanmar is still a developing country because it has a really high rank based on their HDI score.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb