The Flight Over Part 1


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei » Bandar Seri Begawan
August 31st 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oh how we were looking forward to the 24 hour flight over!!! To our dismay we only realised a few days before the trip that there were actually two stop overs, one in Brunei and one in Dubai. It's amazing how much of a roller coaster ride the flight over is. I'm not talking about the actual flying, instead the emotional roller coaster. The next few entries are our own roller coaster ride.

We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare thanks to my lovely twin sister (thanks again Wen). So after some time waiting around, a quick bite of lunch we headed through customs. Royal Brunei doesn't serve alcohol during the flight, but you can BYO. How cool is that!! So we purchased a bottle of wine and a six pack of VB and boarded the flight.

At this point we're feeling pretty good. At long last we were off on our big holiday. The first leg was 7 hours and as we had to change planes in Brunei we could open the drinks yet as we would have to either drink them all or bin them when we got there. So we just kicked back and watched a few movies and ate some awesome plane food. No really... it was really nice.

At last we got to Brunei and we were thinking, "How easy was that, this will be a breeze". Oh how wrong we were.

Brunei airport is nothing to write home about. The only interesting thing was the purple Twisties!!!!





Advertisement



18th September 2008

ha ha!
Finally getting a chance to catch up on your travels! Didn't I warn you about Brunei Airport!!! Did they have air-conditioning this time? I had a stopover there for 3 hours with no airconditioning and 100% humidity ... beat that :)

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb