We're here!


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei » Bandar Seri Begawan
July 10th 2008
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tea?Tea?Tea?

I think one of these might find its way into my rucksack!!
It's hot, wonderfully hot in Brunei - and glorious. We arrived yesterday at some time near mid-day, Royal Brunei airways were excellent, the food, servie etc all extremely good.

From the airport we caught a bus for $1 into town and were dropped off right outside our hotel. After a little siesta we walked into the centre of town, to explore. It reeally is quite a quiet and ordered city, the traffic is not moving at some incredible speed and I have not yet heard anyone use their horn (is that the word for it?!!)

The main mosque is having a face lift but it looks beautiful- golden dome and its lit at night. The streets ar also lit up - a bit like Blackpool says Shirley!! We explored the outside market last night after a Malayan meal in a cafe - lovely noodles and chicken for me.

Then a glorious night's sleep and now we are off to explore again.

The markets here are wonderful, lots of fruit and veg and spices too. I want to rent a room with a kitchen and try some of them!! Meanwhile - anyone for tea? (That comment will only work if the photos download!!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

More lights.More lights.
More lights.

This is the main street at about 9 o'clock at night.
Hairy fruitHairy fruit
Hairy fruit

We think this is a rambutan....


10th July 2008

Bertie says .........
Glad it all went OK - how's your posh hotel? Need piccies of the cafes and stuff. You'll have to ask one of the vendors if you can use their cooker! Now that would be a hoot ................
10th July 2008

Arrived
Yes we like Rumbutans. Enjoy your travels Ian
10th July 2008

Re: We're here!
I would only expect to see lights like that at Christmas. How lovely they are! Your photographs are always interesting :)
10th July 2008

you
I was talking about the times you would tell us how many bites the mozzies had given you in the night - Shirl promises to take over this role during the trip!!
10th July 2008

Cookery
We're thinking of doing a cookery course!! They do knitting and tailoring too..
10th July 2008

Good start indeed
Hi Lizzie-P. It all looks very exciting already. Like the street lights, they are fun. Many thanks for the lovely card sent before you left. Monday went quite well and not as stressfull as it might have been. Got my 'administration and domestic head' on just now and it is going well. May have a day out at the cricket tomorrow and go and see Boony at Derby. Have a lovely time. John
10th July 2008

Good start!!
I'm glad to hear that John, yes go out and wtch some cricket, I just hope the right side wins!! If you see Boony, give him my regards _ I enjoyed watching his team beat Notts, shrops have never liked them.
14th July 2008

Brunei
Remember Jade Goody got the Goods before you.Yet you may get lucky too. Thinking about you at pilates, its a long way to go to get out of it! Lovely photos.
16th July 2008

The Goods!!
Hmm, I think I know how she lost some weight - she came to visit here, it is like living in a sauna!! We are over at the other side of the island now, snorkelling, turtles and proboscis monkeys we hope!!
16th December 2008

Tea pot.
The tea pot there is not a tea pot really... It's actually used to wash your hands before and after eating.
27th May 2009

I'm glad you enjoyed brunei =)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb