The Dragon of Happiness


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan » Paro
June 15th 2019
Published: June 15th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Have you ever a picture postcard in person? I am sure a lot many of you have.I hope you remember the feeling when you landed on the postcard land for the first time.

That was my feeling on 9th June 2019 when our Airbus 319 landed with a rather jolt on the small airfield of Paro, the only airport of the Kingdom of Bhutan.

My first experience of Bhutan was the striking Silence of the place. As if by magic we have reached a land of silence. The Airport was very small and the immigration process was done very fast.

We were greeted by our Guide and Driver duo of Bishnu and Ram outside, both looking very smart in their similar national dresses.The drive from Paro to Thimphu took us 1 hour and half but it is only 54 km far. The road is very good though mountainous, it is unlike the sharp hairpin bends we associate to mountains in major Indian hills.

Thimpu was very picturesque in the gathering gloom of the evening,We checked in our modest Hotel for the night Amodhara.

We were informed before that dinner must be had by 9 pm as they restaurant will close. The food was Indian and bland and thus was well accepted by my son who is a very finicky eater when on tour.

The pleasant change in temperature from a searing 37 degrees Centigrade in Kolkata to a coo 12 degrees centigrade in Thimpu made us very happy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb