Victoria's Secret is Not so Much a Secret Anymore


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh
April 30th 2014
Published: April 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

One company that uses sweatshops to make their products is Victoria's Secret. This was truly a surprise to me considering that when Victoria's Secret products are thought of, the image of beautiful curvy women is the first image that pops in Americans' minds. However, WWD reported that sewers for Victoria’s Secret were “slapped and beaten, not paid their full overtime pay and labored from 7 a.m. to as late as 10 p.m., seven days a week with one day off every three or four months.” This sweatshop consist of mostly women workers which is ironic because the clothes are for women who could not care less about the women workers and the conditions they work in. There is not much Victoria Secret could do to sell without using cheap labor. Victoria Secret bras are made from material that is quite expensive. Since the bras are already expensive using cheap labor, without cheap labor the bras would be even more expensive. The average price of $20 per bra would go up to about $40 per bra making it unaffordable for everyday people. It is possible that everyday women would buy these bras because Victoria's Secret is selling the concept of beauty and sexiness ,but it would be harder to sell this concept when the price is more. The only solution that Victoria's Secret could use is using more inexpensive materials.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb