Day 2


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh » Dhaka
December 16th 2021
Published: October 19th 2022
Edit Blog Post

One of my absolute favorite things about traveling is getting to experience different parts of the world. All of us have unique histories and cultures, and today, we had the privilege of learning from the people of Bangladesh! We started this morning off bright and early with a hotel breakfast before biking out to the national parade grounds for Dhaka's Victory Day Parade! Today is the 50th anniversary of Bangladesh's freedom as its own country, and the atmosphere in the air as people gathered around to watch the parade was absolutely ecstatic. We were also lucky enough to be able to interview one of the locals at the parade to find out what their country's independence means to them. Afterward, we biked a few minutes down to Weston Restaurant, where we got another delicious meal and a little bit of a break before we set off again to the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque. The building was absolutely stunning, and after thoroughly exploring the mosque, we also learned about its incredible history and religious and cultural significance. Finally, after a great day of learning, we made our way to dinner at Choi Mama Khai before biking the rest of the way back to the hotel. Tomorrow, we will start our travels to Kathmandu Nepal, but I know that I will always treasure the things I learned, the people I met, and the incredible experiences I had here in Dhaka, Bangladesh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb