Day 1


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh » Dhaka
December 15th 2021
Published: October 19th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The universe is full of secrets, mysteries we will dream about and ponder until the sun runs cold, but there is one fact that I now know beyond a shadow of a doubt: That was the longest flight of my life! When our humble group of travelers - Kaitlyn, Eva, Oliver, and Ayden - first heard about our all-expenses-paid trip through South Asia, we were beyond thrilled! I won't lie and say there wasn't a slight bit of disappointment when we learned that we would be responsible for making our own travel and lodging plans with a budget capped at $2,000, but this kind of experience only comes around once in a lifetime, and I'm not going to waste a second of it! Now as we prepare to start our journey, we finally get to see all of our hard work in action, and we can't wait to take you along with us!



After our (very welcomed) departure from the International Dhaka Airport, we IMMEDIATELY made our way back to our hotel via some rented bikes. It's funny how just sitting there and doing absolutely nothing for 12 hours can be so exhausting, but considering that all 4 of us immediately fell straight into bed once we made it to the blessed hotel, it may not be a joke at all! Around noon, we finally gathered up enough energy to venture out into the world and bike to our destination for the day: New Market!. This huge market has been around since the 50s and is known for its great variety of cheap textiles and handmade works. While we were there we bought some souvenirs to take home, created a travel vlog, and we also got some snacks for the road (a surprise tool to help us later?). After roaming around for approximately 4.5 hours, our stomachs finally got the best of us. We ended up getting dinner at Sizzlers, the top-rated restaurant in New Market and spent 2 hours enjoying our first delicious meal of the trip. After a 30-minute bike ride, we were back at the hotel; it's safe to say we all slept very well that night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb