GAP


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh » Chandpur
May 1st 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Among all of the sweatshops, GAP is the most infamous for having the worse working conditionings. Their sweatshops are settled in Bangladesh and are not attempted to be isolated whatsoever. GAP items are produced by the same sweatshops that Old navy use, yet they find a way to have poorer worker conditions. GAP is especially infamous for not allowing maternity leave, the long hours workers are expected to put in, and not being shy to resort to physical beatings. Workers often work 100+ hours a week or 14-17 hour days. This leaves their workers visibly sick and exhausted. Workers put all this work in only to earn about 20-24 cents per hour. In addition to low wages and long hours, women are especially at a disadvantage because they are not allowed to have a maternity leave. This causes the women who fall pregnant to have to work through their pregnancy or be illegally fired. In one instance, a man was beaten for asking for maternity leave for his wife. As a result, his wife had to work all throughout her pregnancy until her miscarriage 7th months pregnant due to sickness and exhaustion.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb