Absheron Peninsula


Advertisement
Azerbaijan's flag
Asia » Azerbaijan » Baku
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 8


After being eaten alive by mozies last night, I decided to take a trip out of Baku to the surrounding peninsula. It's an industial waste land from the oil production. But i managed to find my own little slice of paradise, after a couple of hours marshrukte hoping with only the vague idea that i wanted to try and find a beach on the north (and cleaner) side of the peninsula Baku is on.
A completley deserted 5 star beach resort that i managed to talk my way onto, provided i didn't use the sun loungers or anything.
Not that it mattered because there was apsolutley no one there except an old man fishing on the end of the pier.

So i spent the rest of the day reading and getting a little sunburnt.

Tomorrow im planing to catch an early bus to Quba and then on to Xiniliq, a village on the peak of a monutain.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



25th June 2007

We are really enjoying reading your blog - keep it up. Very jealous of your day on the beach as it has been raining here for days and looks like it is going to carry on for days to come.
26th June 2007

its alright for some with lovely weather, sitting on a beach. its rained here everyday for the past week! the only time i sat on the beach was at 1am, freezing!!!
27th June 2007

Observations
What a fantastic time you are having Craig. Your Great Uncle Tony would be proud of you, visiting all those oil bearing regions. Now Uncle Joe was not such a bad chap really, despite all the US movies and UK propaganda, Joe Stalin and his boys were the ones who beat the Germans in World War Two. Pity he then subjugated Eastern Europe for long time. Oh, and when you want to see REAL beaches come to the Great Southern Land.
27th June 2007

Expanding readership...
Oi! Leachy! I had lunch in town with my mum today and was regaling her with your adventures. She was very interested and wanted your blog address. Keep it up. Have you heard any UK news? Gordon Brown becomes PM today. Vast swathes of the north of England are under water because of massive rainfall (Hillsborough looked like a massive swimming pool from above), er, that's it really. Oh, and your car's fine.
27th June 2007

Crook Guts
My sympathy on hearing about your crook guts. I had a bad pizza the other night myself. In Mexico they call it Montezuma's revenge, in former Soviet Republic it called Uncle Joe's revenge! You're young you'll get over it. I reckon its that water at the beach. That's why no one else was there! It's much safer on the beaches of the Great Southern Land, we only have crocodiles, tree snakes, deadly spiders, deadly jelly fish, sting rays, oh. and Great White sharks.
29th June 2007

At least it's warm!
Hey Cuz Great Uncle John gave me the heads up on your blog. Hi from Brisbane Australia. G.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb