When is the Best Time to Book your Antarctica Vacation Packages?


Advertisement
Antarctica
March 15th 2023
Published: March 15th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Determining when is ideal for a visit to trip to Antarctica is a crucial part of the preparation process. The best time to explore Antarctica can be determined by thinking about how the weather and wildlife change from month to month.

What time of year would be ideal for a trip to Antarctica?

Most of the Antarctic coast is inaccessible during the fall and winter due to thick ice and temps that can drop to -60 degrees. Antarctica's peak tourism season is from November through March, during the continent's summer.

At this time of year, you can enjoy the weather for as much as 24 hours straight and see more wildlife than at any other time.

High demand and a limited supply of ships, particularly during High Season, necessitate advanced planning if you want to guarantee your preferred ship.

The ideal time to visit Antarctica depends on your goals for the trip. The cute little penguin chicks may cause you to reschedule your plans to go water kayaking, snowshoeing, or taking photographs.

When to Avoid Going to Antarctica?

Unless you're going in the summer, Antarctica is a risky place to visit because of the harsh and unpredictable weather.

Summer and winter seasons are both present in Antarctica. The months of summer, October through February, have been established. The fact that the sun doesn't set during the summer means that there is still light after midnight.

As a result, the temperature rarely rises above freezing. This is because expeditions and regular cruise ship travel are not feasible during the cold and dark winter months.

How many days you should spend in Antarctica?

We recommend spending at least eight to ten days in Antarctica. It's possible that your expedition will involve both sea and ground travel.

However, you can expect to pay more for a trip to Antarctica if you opt to travel there on a large cruise ship rather than a smaller excursion vessel.

Do you need money in Antarctica?

Planning and budgeting for a trip to Antarctica a year to 18 months in preparation is recommended. You should be able to afford your winter gear, the ticket to your departure point, your gear, and any extra excursions you decide to add at the last minute.

Can you actually drink water in Antarctica?

The water in Antarctica is not potable, unfortunately. Ocean salts abound in Antarctica's water. But there should be plenty of potable water on board for you to consume.

Is there mobile phone service in Antarctica?

Sadly, no, you cannot use your mobile device in the Artic. There's no way to get any job done there because it's too remote and wild. A trip to Antarctica, however, is a fantastic opportunity to escape from the world for a while.

The next logical stage in achieving your travel goals should be to determine the best time to get Antarctica vacation packages.

You'll have stories to tell your loved ones in no time if you prepare properly for your trip by bringing along the appropriate equipment, traveling to your departure point without incident, and deciding between an expedition and a more conventional cruise.

Have a safe trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 1.215s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.7358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb