at the palace


Advertisement
Antarctica » Temp
July 16th 2006
Published: July 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

well we are down to only a few days left here and paris is not as terrible as other parts of france. they are actually pretty nice here. we went to the louvre yersterday...and there were so many people there it was just too much. saw the mona lisa...big deal if you ask me, i could have seen a life size print and been more impressed since they have so much damn security around it, three guys, a wooden raling; a velvet rope; and it's behind glass. really you couldnt even get a good look at it; we also went to the modern art museum which in my opinion was so much better. the museum was only on one florr;, they have a university there and special ehibitions as well, but the museum was excellent; lots of multimedia stuff, and video and performance art. mom even liked it.

i think the best thing about france is the kirs and the crossaints. best crossaints ever, algthought i don't know where i can find kir in america, the sweet liquor is almost like sangria, but less fruity.

we're here near versailles, there are so many people here that we,ll probably be wating for a while. and this is the first internet cafe we hav found here, so chances are you won't hear from me until i cone home.

day after tommororw!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb