Tamale to Mole


Advertisement
Africa
September 16th 2006
Published: September 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

the bus trip was an event that none of us will forget in a while.....
The bus driver was a psychoath and was shouting and gesticulating more than he was driving but I have to give him credit for getting us safely to Mole as the weather was horrendous, we had the most amazing storms and the road, dirt, was like a stream. the driver paid no heed to this and we slid al over the place but amazingly stayed upright.
we had not been able to prebook so I must now admit to feeling a little nervous the closer we got to Mole and the more isolated it became. We put our faith in the guide book and it was true to its word. We arrived in Mole exhausted but starving at 2100 and by 2130 we were booked in and sitting down to a fantastic meal. By 2200 we were back in our rooms and lights went out at 2300.
the rooms were fantastic with the sall exception that there was no running water but a couple of big buckets workd well to flush the toilet and a smaller bucket to wash ourselves. It was clean and the beds were comfortable and we slept soundly.
we were up at 0600 to go on our safari and unfortnately I am out of time so will have to get back to you soon.But we walked with elephants, watched an elephant have a bath, saw kobs , waterbuck and baboons ad had a cose encounter with Pumba!!!!!
Love to you all.
We are having a wonderful time and will fill in with more news soon.
the children are havng a great time working with the orphans in the childrens home and Gwenan has a lovely placement in a great clinic....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb