Day 18. Drotskys


Advertisement
Africa
September 4th 2012
Published: September 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We all got out of bed quite early because we had booked a boat for the day for fishing and bird watching. The fishing was amazing with everyone catching at least 1 fish with the exception of me, I cauaght nothing. The strangest thing that happened was that Dylan and Dad had caught barbell (catfish) with a Rapala(that we found floating in the zambzi river while on the house boats) which nobody had ever heard off before. We headed back to camp for lunch, a beer and an ice cold swim which was amazing due to the fact that it was so hot. At 14:00 we made our way back to the boat and continued to fish and bird watch. After an eventful fishing session that involved a lot more fish getting caught and a lot more swearing(from adrian) due to constantly getting stuck in the reeds. After a long day we were all eager to get to bed after a supper consisting of a juicy beef fillet and some vegetables and potatoes.
P.S.-If anybody is coming to Drotskys in the future, please can you bring a couple of tennis balls for maggie the resident golden retriever because the only toy she has to play with is empty water bottles and rocks.She would greatly appreciate it.
Alex

Advertisement



Tot: 0.624s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb