Home to Seattle


Advertisement
Africa
June 4th 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Nairobi is a bustling city with a lot to offer. Heightened security makes one feel ill at ease to go outside the hotel. Who would want to, the Serena had a lovely gift shop, beautiful.swimming pool area , a real tropical paradise. Both meals we had there were excellent. Some of our group were taken by Rover to shop, but I am glad we stayed to rest before the long journey. The airport trip was hectic, people walking up to your car at stoplights hawking everything from jumper cables to e apples, newspaper sellers to begging women. The airport itself was a similar process to home. KLM allows two checked bags, so I checked my Tauck ruffle as well as my bag, and all my gifts made it home safely, wrapped in clothing. Inside security there is a huge mall of " duty free" shopping. Didn't see much and was out of.money, but it passed the time. I After leaving Nairobi International last night at 1030pm, arriving Amsterdam at 545am. We went into Lounge 52 for KLM, access to which we gained with a 30 day Delta Sky Club membership prior to departure from the US. When we got in, we used the showers and the "quiet room" with relaxation chairs in little booths, a quiet break. Carol slept. I collected my thoughts but had slept well on the flight from Nairobi. The Delta flight to Seattle was delayed an hour. My video did not work, again, so Carol and I alternated watching movies on her screen. It was a long flight home. We waited nearly 40 minutes for luggage after going through immigration, the rchecked bags and waited another 15 minutes or so after to reclaim them at baggage claim. Felt sorry for people making connections and families waiting, the Customs procedure took over an hour and the flight was delayed at least an hour. Delta can learn a few tricks from KLM, a perfectly well run airline.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb