Sitting Happy in Durban


Advertisement
Africa
May 16th 2011
Published: May 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So far the trip has been fantastic! We started out in St Lucia early on Thursday morning (Jos, Sally and I) we saw numerous hippos and even a few babies- so cute!!!! We then did a game drive in the area before heading to Hluhluwe for the night. We stayed at a great little place with Bushbabies! The next morning we were up early in search of the big 5. We only managed to see 4 (no leopards) but the 2 lions were super close to us, just by the river- ahhh they were amazing!
We headed out late to Dundee and stayed at a great little caravn park where we tested out the new tent and had BBQ curry YUM! Played cards and froze our butts off over night ha ha!
The next day we went to see the battle fields of Rorkes Drift! Amazing story of 120 men fighting 4,000 Zulus. Sad and heroic! Our guide was great even if he was a bit of a dork and said "none- the -less" after every 3 words ha ha!
Now we are chilling in Durban, relaxing and getting supplies before we head to Lesotho for a 2 day pony trek and a follow up day hike to some bushman caves!
Cheers 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.62s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb