sun, sand and snorkelling!


Advertisement
Africa
November 5th 2010
Published: November 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Am In a place called Pangani this weekend, is really lovely on the beach. Not a bad place to spend a November weekend, have been out on a little sail boat today. Had lots of stops for snorkelling and saw lots of beautiful coral and fish. We then went to a little sand island, we were the only ones there and it was stunning, the sea is really warm just like a bath. Things are still great here, was the tanzanian election last sunday so there was lots of excitement in the village. Not too many animal encounters recently but had a family of rats under my bookcase and there are millions of ants everywhere.
School is going well, all the pupils have exams soon. The classes I teach have nearly covered everything and hopefully they will be ok, just doing lots of revision now. The syllabus and textbooks are really straighforward so it has been quite simple to know what to teach. We get observed teaching once a week and apparantly myself and linda are the best teaching volunteers they have had which is nice to know.
Have been out doing lots of visiting in the village, takes forever as we are always invited in and the families get us doing things like shelling beans or pounding maize, we normally have a baby plonked on us aswell! the people are so amazing, I think the nicest people you could find anywhere in the world.
Last weekend, myself Linda and Andy painted all the blackboards in the school, they are so much better now.
Is worrying how fast time is going for me in Africa. There are problems extending my visa so will have to leave Tanzania when I have finished teaching and I will be very sad to go.

Am off for a beer for a beer on the beach now, will be in touch soon x




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb