CWB Kenya Day 3


Advertisement
Africa
March 29th 2010
Published: April 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 (Monday)

We awoke excitedly for our first day of coaching, enjoying a lovely ommlette at the hotel before venturing to the Agu Kahn Sports Club (Shahid Afridi debuted here in 97, the game before he hit the 100 odd off 30 odd balls against Zimbabwe). In the shadows of the Kenyan National team we were handed responsibility for about 40 young up and coming Kenyan girls. Our first session went along swimmingly, in three groups, with 2 coaches in charge of a group each. The main focus for the 1 and half hour session was bowling from the base position, some fielding - close catching/high catching and some batting, straight drive, pull shot if enough time. After the initial session we held a competition for the girls focusing on these skills which went down really well. After photos, and prizes the girls departed and left us to eat our lunch in the shade before a mystery afternoon at the Kenya High School.

On arrival at Kenya High it was evident that this was a very well off school. Celebrating it's centenary with huge grounds and beautiful old buildings we were met by the games teacher, Dan who took us straight to the dining room for lunch number 2!! After this we headed off to the field which was rather nice, and where the Inter-House cricket competion was going on. The school was all girls, and housed 850 boarders!! The Kenyan Ladies team were there for the occasion and we soaked up the atmosphere before taking a session all afternoon. The session was interupted by tea, a monsoonal shower and a herd of cows!! Our hosts (2 young 17 year old girls with ambitions to be a lawyer and diplomat) were outstanding and displayed maturity years beyond their age, really impressing us all. We fondly said our farewells after more photos and prizes and headed home for an evening at the K Club, burgers and Tusker beer the theme for the night along with some pool and IPL action!!
MA


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



2nd April 2010

Hi Kenya crew! It seems that you have too many lunches and not enough photos! How is that Tutor of yours? He was pretty busy with us in Uganda, so either he is too exhausted or hyped up from our trip. Say hello to him. Mike and Veronika

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb