dry season!


Advertisement
Africa
February 24th 2010
Published: February 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so we're now in the dry season ..... ha ha ha ha ha ha! who'd have guessed it - we might as well have been in the uk the last few days given the amount it has rained! but the beauty of the rain here is that the heavens open for up to an hour and i mean really open - it lashes it down, and then it dries off.

so, a few nights ago i heard a drip drip drip kind of noise as i lay in bed which was shortly followed by wet feet! so i've taken to sleeping with my washbowl at the end of my bed - trying for the life of me not to knock it off and defeat the whole point of catching the water!

yesterday i headed to kigali to do some work (!) and after discussing the format of a form for about an hour and sipping on a fanta citron, i headed out to one of the other projects hosting a volunteer. they make their own paper and cards - probably just as well i didn't have too much money given my fetish for cards! it was really interesting and so refreshing seeing a business working and things being achieved at the end of each day.

Stubborn and stingy as i am, i decided to walk to the ugandan embassy which looked like it was just 1 km up the road....oh how wrong i was...... as i walked and walked denying every moto taxi that tried to convince me to hop on for a hefty sum of 50p, i begun to regret my decision - but sods law would have it that if i gave in and got a lift, it'd be just round the corner! i eventually arrived dripping in sweat - and was fairly successful, in that it was where i should have gone (not usually the case out here despite what you've been told previously) and i can get one in 2days - score! i got a taxi home - forgetting that zooming along on the back of a bike with a skirt on might not be the wisest idea! but it really is the best way to travel - as long as you don't look where you're going.

just finished a day's work..... 1 1/2hours and have spent just as long on the internet! treated myself to an apple today - absolute bliss 😊




Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb