Windhoek


Advertisement
Africa
December 24th 2009
Published: December 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In a very slow internet cafe in Windhoek so this may have to be a little shorter than my other blurbs!

CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!
wow, already?

Love to everyone at home and have an amazing christmas day.
Have an awesome time too everyone leaving on boxing day for the ski trip!!

I've been wearing a santa hat on the truck today and it was sweltering!!

Anyway, here's what I've been up to recently:

20/12:

Sandboarding today was incredible but tiring as you have to climb the dune with your board after each run. As well as the stand up boarding they have lie down boards which reach speeds of up to 80kph - my top speed was 67!!

Quadbiking in the afternoon was also amazing, driving up sand dunes etc.

ate ostrich at restaurant in swakop for dinner.

21/12:
06:15 breakfast. drove from swakop to twyfelfontaine where we saw ancient rock enrgravings, spotting a desert elephant en route and stopping at a seal conoly on the way - a lot of seals! Listened to local choir around our campfire in the evening.

22/12:
we are doing a secret santa so i bought my present for bridget today - hope she likes it! Drove to Etosha NP going on a game drive in the afternoon and spotting giraffe, lions.. sat at waterhole at campsite until 03:30 in the morning watching animals come down for a drink! black rhino, elephant and giraffe!

23/12
awesome game drive in truck for whole day today spotting more black rhino leopard wildebeast and giraffe licking the salt off the road!

24/12
woke up at 05:15 to drive to Windhoek. This was our decision to get up early so we could have more time here before the shops close and now I am writing this!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb