Match Report


Advertisement
Africa
November 19th 2009
Published: November 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Howdy,

So on a dark evening in the depths of Nakuru, the Nakuru 8 took on the CWB'ers from Britain. The Nakuru 8 (filled with players from Greensteds) batted first. The first over was taken by Ali "dick of the day" Waldron and started remarkably well with 2 dot balls. It then went for 14 off the next 4.... ominous times

Our Kenyan export Joseph "dead arm" (we dont know his second name!) bowled a good tidy second over. Our solitary woman Alexia "Crispy" Walker bowled a superb third over, then along came Reuben "tie me up" Hartwel had the unfortunate luck of being smashed back over his head his first 2 balls, suffering severe neck spasims as he watched it sail over the ropes, a fine recovery meant his over "only" went for 17.

Rob "don't run by the pool" Woods bowled a tidy ish over until Joseph misfielded and it went for four, he blames the Kenyan outfield we blamed his coaches!! James "don't run" Rufey bowled an over consisting of pies, he got suitably tonked, before James "I don't play cricket" Taylor bowled another tidy over. James "mind the puddle" Williams took a sensational 4 wickets in the final over to give us a vital chance.

So to the batting....

The target was 85, in 8 overs a tough ask. What the oppo didn't know was that we had drawn shots out of a hat we had to play to our first ball. Rob tried backing away first ball and missed it, whereas Reuben tried leaving it and wore it on the shoulder, think they got a bit muddled up!!! Some good runs from them including Reuben's first 6 (YAY) got us going before Old/Ugly/Team Leader James was cleaned up first ball "trying" to "charge", Matthew Hayden definately does not do that James. David our other Kenyan was meant to bat next, however he didn't noticed he wasn't wearing pads. In came Ali who had to hit a 6 first ball, instead standing still and letting it his his leg. He soon went (not for a duck tho!). David eventually came in with pads on and "forgot" to play his reverse shot, got some quick runs before being bowled. Rueben eventually fell trying to play a sensational cut shot, he shouldn't of moved away from the cow corner shot as he got caught by the wicket keepr (only thing he caught all day!!). Alexia came in to bat and played some cool calm and collected shots, after spectatularly padding away her first ball and nearly getting her knee cap moved! THe big man James Rufey came it, couldn't be arsed to run but we let him off as he retired on 20 after some massive sixes. Some good "tactics" by Joseph and James T both getting out to allow Ruefy back in (anyone else smell bull****?) enabled Alexia and him to resume the partnership and lead us to victory!!!

A great match, for a great evening, made all the more memorable for the chimney catching on fire while having a few beers!!! Q 85 people running around with buckets and climbing over the (thatched!!!!!!) roof!!! The fire got put out quite quickly and we discovered a slight technical fault with the chimney... having some wood in it!!!!

Finished our last day of coaching today, with our big tournament tomorrow. WE all fly back on sunday (minus Reuben who is going to live in an orphanage!!!) so look forward to seeing everyone then??

Tara

Advertisement



20th November 2009

Keep em comin
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime - have a safe trip back - don't rush for the weather = record levels of rain here!

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb