Cameroun June 9-26


Advertisement
Africa
July 14th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After crossing the border at Madigali,in the north and avoiding the Calabar crossing anf diabolical roads and the Delta region, we continued an untravelled road , bushcamping at a vet farm, quarries and the edge of the road. the roads were incredible and after 5 days we made it to the paradise of Yaounde and its international restaurants, bars, nightclubs and icecream. this was a visa stop where Gabon,Congo and DRC visas were obtained ( at a cost of over 1000 Australian dollars to us). While the others lazed at the Presbyterian Mission, 5 interpid climberes went to Buea to climb Mt Cameroun ,a 4095 meter monster rising almost from the sea. This was a 25 year dream for me and we braved cloud,cold and terrible rain storms over 3 days to make it!! After rest at our mission guesthouse and a quick trip to Limbe to see the lowland gorillas ,we joined the others in Kribi where we stayed at the Sweet beach resort for a few days.
Next is was off to Bitam and a bushcamp and over the border to Gabon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb