Best African Safari Blog Guide: Best Time of Year to Plan a Trip


Advertisement
Africa
September 30th 2023
Published: September 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

In the southern hemisphere, June, July, and August leading up to spring in September are ideal for an African safari. Wildlife searching for water and warmth emerges as temperatures drop and the weather dries. This best African Safari blog guide will teach all about it to end up with a memorable tri.

You can go on wildlife drives, safari walks, and boating excursions while basking in the mild days, fresh mornings, and cool afternoons. Late summer, specifically January and February, is prime time to see various birds.

What is the ideal time to game viewing?

The most significant times to go game viewing in East Africa are during the dry season in June, July, and October. Sunny and relatively dry, this is the ideal time to visit the Serengeti, Masai Mara, or Samburu National Reserve to see the Big Five.

Enjoy the bush's mystique by hanging out at waterholes. The best times to go on bushwalks and hot-air balloon rides are in June and late September/early October. You will definitely going to fall in love with the whole experience.

Perfect time for the Great East African Migration

June and July, or October and November, are ideal for witnessing the Great Migration in Kenya and Tanzania, respectively.

Animals migrate at all times of the year. But there are two occasions when staggering herds of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelle make the crossing. This will be creating one of the most stunning exhibitions on Earth.

When to visit Botswana to see the Zebra migration?

Between late October and November, then again in May or June, is the optimum time to see the zebra migration in Botswana.

Large herds will travel almost 360 miles round trip from the Okavango Delta to the Makgadikgadi grasslands. They will be kicking up dust and adding to the spectacle.

When to visit Uganda and Rwanda for Gorilla trekking?

The dry summer months of June, July, and August make for ideal gorilla trekking conditions in Uganda and Rwanda. Well, the lack of rain and colder temperatures makes walking in the highlands and woodlands simpler.

What is the ideal time for bird viewing?

Explore the vibrant African bush in East and Southern Africa during November and March, when the region's summer season is in full swing.

Around November, the short rains provide lush conditions to the game reserves of Kenya and Tanzania. This will be providing an ideal environment for a wide range of avian species to establish themselves. South Africa's summer rains saturate the soil, fostering lush flora that attracts various birds.

By the end of February and the beginning of March, the bush is teeming with the sounds of birdsong and a magnificent display of beauty. You can have species after species out in the open for photographers to capture.

,Conclusion

You can enjoy different species and other natural beauties on African Safaris depending on the time of year that you go. Planning will make all the difference if you want to go birdwatching, sea lions, combine wildlife viewing with wine tasting or see the Great Migration.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb