Zimbabwe


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe
March 28th 2013
Published: April 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

As we continue to look at how bad government can effect a country we were given a reading to do on the nation of Zimbabwe. The leader of this country, Dictator Mugabe is known as one of the worst leaders in the world. Although zimbabwe has never really had a strong government, things have gotten a lot worse a a much quicker rate since the Mugabe government seized power. We see this reoccuring theme in these countries that when things start to get bad they just spiral out of control. The reason for this being is that a crisis in a country like Zimbabwe means that there is a not a good government to develop a plan to solve the problem. For example, the country had a food shortage. The government decided it would be best to seize all white owned commercial farms. The problem is, officials didn't really know what to do with this land that they had taken. Now there are even more problems occurring. The government then responded by printing more money. Now, i am not an economic genius by any means but it doesnt take a mastermind to understand that you cant simply make more money. In fact, the hyperinflation rate is now 1281 percent. The money is worth next to nothing. A 10 million dollar bill is worth about 40 american cents! To try and improve conditions, the government has also upped the cost on basic services such as bus fares. Many citizens complain that paying for transportation to and from work takes up most of their paycheck. This is where the real problem occurs. If the adults are generating any money they can not send their kids to school. This is just an ongoing circle when you dont have a functioning government that is willing to help the people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb