....adventure at Victoria Falls....


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe
October 16th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Days 20/21 15th/16th October Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe...
We arrive in Victoria Falls and head straight to Shearwater which is the company that you book all your adventures with...ok, so we've booked a walk with the elephants, a helicopter ride over the falls and wait for it a bungee jump...yes I've gone completely mad and am taking on anything and everything that makes me feel alive....I am absolutely bricking it, but in my new world something has got hold of me and is telling to do it so at 9.16 precisely tomorrow morning, 17th October (Anderooooo this is for you big bro, I know you'll appreciate this daring feat from me, a birthday treat of Tarara throwing herself off of one of the 7 wonders in the world!!!) I will be heading head first to god knows where...!!!!

Today was fantastic, we got up early and headed off to ride the elephants, awe they were beautiful, Amanda and myself were on an 18 year old ellie called Dumpy...sitting on one of these for 45 minutes was awesome.... you get into the rythm of things but you don't half end up walking like John Wayne afterwards. When the walk was over we got to sit with Dumpy, feed him and cuddle him...i can't describe how fantastic that felt...

We then headed to the falls...they are simply breathtaking....even before you get there you can hear the thunderous power of the water pounding down, it's mind blowing, then when you see the sheer vastness of them and the striking colourful rainbows that just come from no where, you get very emotional at how beautiful nature is and that all materialistic things seem so insignificant....the falls were beautiful...
then after a look around the markets, we took a sunset boatride on the zambezi with hippos and crocs...and now I'm sitting here at an internet that actually works...yey!!!!...although not sure if I'll get the piccies up yet...so sit fast, they'll be up soon...

anyway, I need some sleep for tomorrow, say a little pray for me...yikes...!!!!

Advertisement



18th October 2007

u.r.a.nutter
lady tiara well done girlie - your african adventure sounds awesome - i'm sure you're having the best time of your life and building a reserve of memories that will last you a lifetime pleased to hear that you're having fun with the animals - will refer to you as doctor dolittle from now on next time someone's cat poo's in a shoe - i'll give them your number !! think you're very brave but also barking mad - throwing yourself head first into a canyon with nothing but a rope around your ankle ....... aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh be sure to empty your bowels before you jump - and not in flight as it were eurgh all the best - keep safe - be happy lots of love 'n' elephant poo RASHEL x

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb