The adventure gets interesting.


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all currently writing from Zimbabwe that country that you are not advised to go through, I will explain why.

Anyway last time i spoke i had just done the skydive in Swakopmund in Namibia since then I went to Etosha national park which was amazing within 15mins of gettin in the park, at the first water hole we saw Elephant, Zebra, Antelope and warthog and there were so many on the horizon aswell. We camped in the middle of the park which was really cool you could here hyenas and lions and all other animals at nite when your havin a few drinks and tryin to sleep.
Did another game drive from sunrise and went and chilled out in the pool which had mongooses just running about, the best bit about the game drives is that we was in our own truck so the rare black rhinos which we saw a few, did not try and charge us as they were a bit scared of a 10tonne yellow truck. Was amazing though.

Also my mate on the trip Chris has just caught Malaria for the second time in six months poor sod oh well hes gettin over it now.

We then had a long drive day about 7/8hrs and crossed over into Botswana and went to the okavango delta, this place was cool we went into the delta for a 2 nights and to get there we went in on Mokoros which is a dug out canoe, was really relaxing, we did a game walk that nite which was a bit nerve racking considering as we was walking along we saw the footprints of lions which he said were fresh that mornin and considerin the only protection we had was a stick, a few people kept an eye out as we walked along.
The next day done another walk and was nearly charged by an elephant that was really cool, it started to cross a river about 4 ft deep and was about 20 meters away from us a close call.

That night we went on a sunset cruise in the mokoros along the delta to watch the hippos that was good. Although one of the paddler dad had been killed by a hippo at this place a few years ago.

Then went to Chobe national park the next day still in bots, that was cool as it was Emilys bday so we went on a sunset cruise to look at the hippos with two cool boxes full of beer, it got a bit messy but really funny nite. Dunno if the other people on the boat agreed though.

So was meant to cross into Zambia but the ferry snapped in half so now in Zim but it is really good apart from we are the first truck here since may so the people are very friendly and keep tryin to sell you wooden cr@p they even keep offering to exchange objects for clothes or my hat, but my hat is great.
Its sad really how messed up this place is now.

Still its really cool here been up to Vic Falls which the scale of it is just massive, such an amazing place even in the dry season at the moment it is still truly immense. Plus the perfect time to do the grade 5 white water rafting tomorrow in Zambia should be good.

Been doing a lion walk this morning which was really cool we was walking with lions which were 18months old and the ones we were walking with have already killed baboons, they were also nearly full grown so a bit scary when you first start to touch them. As there paws were 3 time the size of my fists at least.

Hope everyone is keeping well and I cant believe wats been happenin with the hammers i look online and we have a new manager random. Also its now been over a month since I left the lovely warm weather of england, so just to let you all no im currently sittin in my shorts in 40 degree heat its so cool, im nearly as dark as some of the people who have been on my trip for 6months.

Speak to all soon will prob write again in a couple of weeks.

toorah : )

Advertisement



2nd October 2008

I cant believe you have replaced me and steph already. The cheek of it. Sounds like your having a fab time xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb