Dr. Livingstone I presume


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Victoria Falls
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks.

Well we've arrived in, and are about to leave, Livingston in Zambia.
Malawi was awesome although the resurgence of the dodgy belly reared its ugly head for both us and I got my first real back spasms of the trip (although holding together now).
Linz went on a two hour horse ride in Kande beach followed by a swim in the lake on the horse. Her horse seemed to love the water almost as much as the mangos he kept eating off the floor around the camp site.

We arrived in Livingston on the Zimbabwe border at Victoria falls a couple of days ago.
The falls are really impressive and we'll upload some more pickies as and when we get a decent internet connection (the two uploads we've managed so far have been very tedious).
Linz went white water rafting on the first day here and nearly drowned after being stuck under the boat. Only the very steep climb out of the gorge convinced her to finish the day's rafting but I think that will be here last experience of the sport. A grade 5 river near the height of its speed was not a good place for her first rafting outing.
We forder the Zambezi at the top of the falls across a very precarious, submerged, bridge in an effort to get to Livingston island. Our guide later informed us that many people have been swept off that bridge to their deaths over the falls so we were very brave / stupid to do it! The top of the falls is very picturesque though.

Yesterday we walked across the bridge into Zimbabwe to meet up with Linz's friend, Helen (and to subsequently take our supplies from her). I'll blog Zim when we have a little more time.

We're heading into Botswana today for a night safari in Chobe national park (assuming our truck makes it, our tour guide has just accidentally driven over someone's tent in a bump starting accident, no one was injured thankfully). Followed by Christmas night in the Okavango delta (sorry folks, no Happy Chrimbo text messages from us 😞

Take care all and we'll blog again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb