Week 2


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
October 3rd 2012
Published: October 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

The 2nd started off with a couple of lion walks then a visit up to dembwa were I saw the dents and damage to hero's enclosure hence why it's had to be reinforced at the base with concrete (and of course he came to charge at us) Tuesday was one of my favourite days ever as I went rafting on the Zambezi with seba, aurelie and 4 others ( I bought the DVD if anyone is interested?) on Wednesday we learnt about the culture and history of Zambia which was very interesting even though some of the ways they do things might seem like there living in the stone age still. After breakfast I had the worst job I've had since being here, cleaning out the meat freezers which were full of donkey blood at the bottom. Friday was culture day were we went to freds (one of the staff at dembwa) house in a small village. It was an interesting day definitely better for the guys as we just sit around drinking local beer (dad you might like it?) which is made of maize and yeast, the taste wasn't too bad it was just too many bits in it for my liking. The poor girls had a harder time cause they have to prepare all the food and then serve it to the men on there knees. On the evening we all went out for curry at golden leaf which was a nice treat then on to local bar in livingstone called limpos. I was out for the full morning on Saturday on elephant research but didn't really see anything apart from a young elephant trapped in a snare which was very difficult to see knowing there was nothing I could do. The week ended of a high as me, seba, aurelie and Denise went on a trip to the awesome Victoria falls to do the devils pool. It took a while to walk there but was well worth it.There's a short swim across the falls to the rock where u jump into the pool which is right on the edge of the falls so my heart was racing at this point, then you pose for pictures looking over the edge as a guy holds your legs ( health and safety goes out the window in Africa)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb