Not the most exciting day (again)


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
March 6th 2020
Published: March 7th 2020
Edit Blog Post

We had a leisurely morning and enjoyed the Zambesi resorts pool and generally stunning views. Toby got to wish Mel a happy 40th on the phone and then we headed in the direction of Livingstone. The driving was easy and we were carefully to watch our speed to avoid another ticket. We pulled up for lunch at a café on the edge of a farm, it would be fair to say it was the hangout for the local white farmers and the food was amazing.

We headed on stopping along the way for provisions for the next phase and it has to be said you can reasonably get anything you want in Zambia. They have it sorted and things are cheap too to boot.

We made our way to a campsite called the Moorings which was within a cattle farm and we had the place to ourselves. In the evening we had a proper BBQ and cooked some great burgers and even had some local wine. It was a great evening, only lightly disturbed by a few small tarantulas trying to get in on the scene.

We went to be early in the knowledge that Livingstone our destination for the phase was only 4 hours to go!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb