Zambia


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Lusaka
July 22nd 2005
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Crossing into ZambiaCrossing into ZambiaCrossing into Zambia

Not the greatest of security!
Geo: -15.4189, 28.2632

Immigration at Zambia was another informal and entertaining crossing. Nobody seemed to care that we were there and I'm sure we could've just walked through the gates unnoticed, straight past the friendly busily chatting guards. When we were eventually noticed waiting at the desk, we handed over our passports and were then given the most carefully written receipt and most accurately placed visa stamp I've ever had! A very slow process!

The road became much more interesting in Zambia, with scary mountain passes and cute little straw hut villages. The roads were rather like a truck graveyard especially as they're not lit at night. Apparently every truck driver knows the name for each turn and corner and the names of those who've died there!

We stayed with good friends of the family. We got to meet so many wonderful people whilst visiting Uncle Colin and Auntie Chanda! We drove through Lusaka. It looks a great place and it's definitely a place I'd like to stay longer in. Capital cities that we've seen in Africa are wonderful! They're so small and spacious. Makes you wonder where all the people are!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb