THE LONG & WINDING ROAD...100 Blogs...100,000 memories


Advertisement
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
June 1st 2014
Published: June 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

THE LONG & WINDING ROAD...100 Blogs...100,000 memories. I'm inspired...inspired by Andy & Debbie My last day of traveling... and Home & Away Ultimate Travelblog: The Dream Day...my 100th blog...stories told and not told...traveling down my long and winding road...serendipity at every corner. ***** Greeting the Day Breakfast around our small campfire...not raining now. 5 days at Coolamon Caves... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 105, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

JASONJASON
JASON

Aspiring Nomad
MEETING COCKLE & THE TRAVEL CAMELMEETING COCKLE & THE TRAVEL CAMEL
MEETING COCKLE & THE TRAVEL CAMEL

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
WE THREE KINGS OF ORIENT AREWE THREE KINGS OF ORIENT ARE
WE THREE KINGS OF ORIENT ARE

Cockle, Dancing Dave & Travel Camel
DAVID, NICK & SHANEDAVID, NICK & SHANE
DAVID, NICK & SHANE

Dancing Dave, Cockle & Travel Camel
SHANESHANE
SHANE

Travel Camel
NICKNICK
NICK

Cockle
DENISEDENISE
DENISE

Laila the Tuareg
SHANESHANE
SHANE

The Travel Camel
GOODBYE VIETNAMGOODBYE VIETNAM
GOODBYE VIETNAM

The Mischief on the Mekong Team's last meal together in HCMC
MEETING RAT ON THE ROADMEETING RAT ON THE ROAD
MEETING RAT ON THE ROAD

Shane, Kate, Kris & David in HCMC
MEETING SHELLEY and SCOTT & TOM ROONEYMEETING SHELLEY and SCOTT & TOM ROONEY
MEETING SHELLEY and SCOTT & TOM ROONEY

Rachael, Shelley, Tom, Denise & Scott
SCOTTSCOTT
SCOTT

Shelley & Scott
SHELLEYSHELLEY
SHELLEY

Shelley & Scott
JO TROUBLEJO TROUBLE
JO TROUBLE

July 2013 TB Sydney Get-together
CINDY & JOCINDY & JO
CINDY & JO

Littlewing & Jo Trouble
ON THE TALL SHIPON THE TALL SHIP
ON THE TALL SHIP

Jo, David, Cindy, Denise & Rachael



1st June 2014

A Splendid Century
Congratulations Dancing Dave on making a century! It has certainly been a very fine innings as you danced down the pitch for some splendid shots. The different faces in the crowd cheer and sing - world music is their tune of choice. 100 is just the beginning, I feel a much longer innings is in store.
1st June 2014

A Splendid Century
Thanks Shane. Gotta say its been a lot of fun. I joined Travelblog to share photos...then was encouraged to try my hand at telling stories. Met so many wonderful people as a result...in the ether and in person...encouraging me to dance to my own tune. I think this blog with tastes and no endings may indicate that while I remain at the crease there's more runs to score for this Aussie battler!
1st June 2014

Congratulations on your 100th blog...
you sure know how to impress your fiance...flipping a 4WD with her in it...then being shot...what adventures you've had...and the fiends you have met and kept. Linda and I are blessed to have crossed yours and Denise's path and we look forward to more get togethers. I remember hugging you when we first met...then wondering if Aussies do that...was I being inappropriate...not with Family!
1st June 2014

Congratulations on your 100th blog...
Thanks Bob. Our next meeting will be in your backyard...Denise & I looking forward to that. Stories told and not told...plenty to talk about.
1st June 2014
How will we get out of this one?

Serendipity around every corner
Congratulations on a fantastic blog #100. A life full of rich and interesting experiences. Love your dancing, never say wouldn't, never say couldn't, never say shouldn't! Fly away, fly away, fly away, adios for now but never goodbye.
1st June 2014
How will we get out of this one?

Serendipity around every corner
Thanks MJ. I still sometimes wonder "How do we get out of this one?" Yet when we travel...there's always a way. Maybe time to plan when we next fly away!
2nd June 2014

LIFE SHOULD NEVER BE ORDINARY
My goodness have I done all that!
2nd June 2014

LIFE SHOULD NEVER BE ORDINARY
And with you my love...life has never been ordinary...never has...never will...dancing through traumas...through ecstasy!
2nd June 2014

"Best thing I ever did was join Travelblog"
And you're the best thing that happened to Travelblog, mate. Now you've got your century, time to worry less about scorecards and run rates. Time to relax into the crease and turn on the style; for that will be your ultimate legacy, when the game is done and won!
2nd June 2014

"Best thing I ever did was join Travelblog"
And I meant it Jason. I also remember the four times we met in Shanghai...even wrote a blog about it. We can both smile...stories told and not told...ahh...we can both smile. Looking forward to next time.
2nd June 2014

Congratulations on your 100th blog...
We look forward to our next meeting in our backyard...not quite as exotic as yours with all the colorful parrots. Do you have an approximate date yet...if it's winter we may have to meet in a couple feet of snow or move indoors!
2nd June 2014

TBA BOB
TBA
2nd June 2014
MY 100th BLOG...STORIES TOLD & NOT TOLD

Relax and enjoy!
Great adventures, stories, photos! You've created a fantastic life both in exotic spots and at home (I'm assuming this is one of your personal lorikeets), dancing and making friends around the globe. Clearly, you and Denise are not tourists, but true travelers--as you've said, it's hard work, but someone has to do it. Looking forward to the next 100 adventures!
2nd June 2014
MY 100th BLOG...STORIES TOLD & NOT TOLD

Relax and enjoy!
How I end all my blogs Tara...Relax & Enjoy...if only it was so easy!!! Yep...we are looking forward...time to plan...time to get excited...TBA.
2nd June 2014
MEETING ASPIRING NOMAD

Two lads up to no good?
oooh there is a story attached to this - I can tell !!!! Will you tell?
2nd June 2014
MEETING ASPIRING NOMAD

Two lads up to no good?
What us? What? Up to no good? Whose been speaking out of turn?
3rd June 2014

Wisdom in it's purest form.
A life spent travelling is never wasted... :) You have had lots of adventures and I look forward to seeing more of them published here in the future. Who knows, perhaps one day our travels will make our paths cross and I can finally buy you that beer (or moonshine, whatever is handily available). Here's to the next 100 blogs by my favorite dancing traveler! Cheers mate!
3rd June 2014

Wisdom in it's purest form.
I accept Per-Olof. I think it would be really cool meeting you. I actually have a few drops of Swedish blood so you never know...we could be related!!!
4th June 2014

Couldn't let this milestone pass without sticking my head round the door......
Another TB centenarian makes his mark and both Denise and yourself have done it both with aplomb and a graciousness that has now come to represent the sublimely marvellous 'Dancing Duo'! Anyway, the Sun is well and truly over the yardarm, so I'm going to sink a beer or six in your honour.... It's as good an excuse as any other.....
4th June 2014

Couldn't let this milestone pass without sticking my head round the door......
"Man oh Man...You make my heart sing"...my latest thread on World Music forum...dedicated to men...could've been dedicated to you Nick. Blues Heaven STILL the top venue in town...an apparition of the cheeky burger van seen in the carpark...STILL miss you mate!
5th June 2014
AS DUSK SETTLES

Just love this one
Great shot to finish with!
5th June 2014

Quite a ride!
And I'm so pleased that the ride took you to KL just over two years ago. Congratulations to the beautiful Dancing Duo. Never say..."wouldn't." Never say..."shouldn't." Never say..."couldn't." Always say..."Bugger it!!!"
5th June 2014

Quite a ride!
Yep...quite a ride indeed. Thanks Jo. You were the first TBer we met and we are sure glad we did so. You are a treasure Jo. Your work on TB to keep the engine oiled and running smoothly is appreciated. Come to think of Denise and I were just saying "Bugger it...let's...(TBA)"!!! Funny how that phase has caught on.
29th June 2014

It couldnt be any other way ;)
Thank you Laoge for your wisdom, humour, incredible sense of wonder still after all you have seen - So much more to learn from you and the amazing Denise x
1st July 2014

It couldn't be any other way ;)
Thank you Cindy. Thank you for your kind words and for being you. We both share one thing...many stories not yet or dare be told on TB. Those stories fill me with wonder. Love hearing them each time we meet.
3rd August 2014

What an Accomplisment!!
This was an incredibly heartwarming and nostalgic blog. After reading the first snippets, I'm relieved that you have survived to share your tales! I'm looking forward for the next 100 with much anticipation as well as hearing more of them face-to-face at some future TB gathering. ;)
3rd August 2014

What an Accomplisment!!
Pleased you had the time to check out this blog full of tasters of stories told and not told Michelle. We are looking forward to somehow meeting up with you guys again...where there is a will there is a way!

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 24; qc: 25; dbt: 0.101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb