Kisoro, Uganda


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
June 26th 2014
Published: July 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

26 June: Kabale to Kisoro, Uganda

Today was a long drive up and down the mountains and roads of Uganda to Kisoro. Along the way, we stopped for some lunch foods but the store was so small that all I found was peanut butter, so Kanyo was nice enough to say I could use some of the rice cakes for the next few days until we found more in the grocery stores in Tanzania.

We arrived in the early afternoon. Most of the group decided to go to the pigmi village but Samantha and I decided to relax at the dorms. Yes dorms. First time In a while we could sleep in a bed, so eight of us girls are sharing a room, Charlotte, Sophie, Hilary, Nadia ( from Italy), Mirium, Timara ( from Croatia) Samantha and myself.

Since we did not go to the village, Samantha, Michael and I walked to the town area. We stopped to send our postcards, Samantha and Michael added minuets to their phone and we stopped by the little market where we just ended up with bitter lemons. On the way back we looked at craft stores and Michael ended up heading back early because of his job phone interview. Samantha and I continued and ended up in the craft store and cafe. On our way out Samantha spotted green tea and sweet potatoes fries on the sign so we ended up enjoying a light bite with myself having a mango smoothly, Samantha with green tea (which tasted like peppermint) and sweet potatoes fries that tasted different and were really white yams. But with ketchup and the coleslaw on top of the sweet fries made to a decent snack.

We then enjoyed a relaxing night around our dorm and a dinner made at the restaurant of goat meat skewers, potatoes and some veggies.

From here, Kanyo explained that he would be going tomorrow morning to meet two others in Rwanda for their gorilla hike there and then we would meet up with them in a few days on our way through Rwanda. Also, the night was filled with the entertainment from the World Cup game of Germany versus USA. Germany won 1-0 but since Ghana lost to Portugal 1-0, USA is still in to the knockout round!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb