Lukes last AFRICAN blog...


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
April 27th 2007
Published: April 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lukes last AFRICAN blog...

 Africa » Uganda By Luke and Molly
April 27th 2007As Luke is leaving in just 2 days now, I am trying to load a few more African photos on before he leaves with the camera for Italy. I hope you enjoy the selection I have chosen….there is many more amazing shots to show off when we get home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Geofry and his Books!Geofry and his Books!
Geofry and his Books!

We gave him coloured pencils, colouring-in book and 2 english learning books to keep him busy in hospital. I came back the next day to find half the colouring book all filled in! This was a winner!
Recycling!Recycling!
Recycling!

These four boys were crowded outside the hut one Saturday arvo, as they were after our old newspapers....the simple pleasures!
What a cutie!What a cutie!
What a cutie!

This is Tom the son of the lady who sells us our nightly beverage next door to our residence. He insisted on joining our party as he came with his Fanta, popcorn and sat on my lap! He giggled when we showed him the photo!
Luke says FAREWELL to his beloved Boda Boda!Luke says FAREWELL to his beloved Boda Boda!
Luke says FAREWELL to his beloved Boda Boda!

Luke donated his Boda Boda bike to Dickson, who Luke trained during the last 2mths, and is now the FDNC Sports Coordinator taking over Lukes position!
Climbing Mt Wanale...Climbing Mt Wanale...
Climbing Mt Wanale...

This is the beautiful mountain that we wake up to every morning. Last Sunday we decided to take a "leisurely" stroll and see how far up we could get! Not a bad effort...
Our morning view...Our morning view...
Our morning view...

So this is the one and only Mt Wanale... We climbed to the base of the big cliff...closish to the top!
Putting up the Football nets...Putting up the Football nets...
Putting up the Football nets...

Luke overseeing the acrobatic set up of the goal nets last Saturday!
Reality in AfricaReality in Africa
Reality in Africa

A coffin strapped to the back of a bike cycles down the main street in Mbale....
The Last Supper!The Last Supper!
The Last Supper!

Luke's last dinner with Mai Jessica and Justin. Goat stew, Mmmmmmm!!


30th April 2007

Lovely photos, Molly and Luke. It is obvious your presence there is making a big difference. Your mother, Molly, has told us that she is visiting you soon. I'm sure she will love your new home, and being with you, almost as much as you will love having her with you. If I can send something with her, I will.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb