Mountain Gorrilas


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Western Region » Kisoro
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were in the first group to track mountain Gorillas the permits cost us $565 each!!! We set off from the campsite to the Mgahinga national park it took us about an hour to get to the park on very bumpy roads. We arrived and were briefed by our guides who also carried guns but wanted us to understand it was for protection from animals not kidnappers!!! At around 8.45 we set off to find the Gorillas. The bush was quite hard to walk through due to all the rain making it incrediably slippy under foot. We walked for about 90 mins then our gude told us it was time to see the Gorillas. We caught site of a giant silverback ahead in the forest everyone was really excited. At first they kept moving away from us and the guides had to cut a path through the bambo so we could see them. The trackers made noises which let the Gorillas know we were not a threat. We had exactly 1 hour with the family of 8 but we only saw 6 of them. One of the young ones tried to touch lauren which shows just how close we were able to get. We spent the last 10mins less then 2 meters away from a fully grown Silverback simply amazing!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb