School accounts


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Masaka
May 31st 2010
Published: June 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I have been really impressed with the accounts record keeping and functioning of the school out here. It is a real pleasure to work with the staff out here who are open to suggestions for improvement, keen to learn more and running a fully functioning school (although it is entirely dependant on outside aid! - like everywhere out here).

I have spent the majority of my time working with the school secretary trying to train her up in basic bookkeeping so she can take some of the work away from the Headmaster and it is really refreshing to work with someone who takes in everything you tell her and only needs to be shown how to do something once.

The contrast between here and Rwanda has made me realise and understand that there are whole generations in Rwanda who missed out on education and many of them are now trying to run organisations themselves with no experience in the working world, nor parental examples to follow. The development in Rwanda is definitely noticeable however in the younger generations.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb