Heading Home


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
January 19th 2014
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 0.314269, 32.5729

January 17<sup>th</sup>, 2014

Left Kisoro to travel to Kabale where we had planned to stay 2 nights before heading back to Kampala. The Brandt Guide says it is a 'pretty town' but we have not discovered it so far. It is a dirty, dusty city with not much to see or do. After walking around today we decided to head to Kampala tomorrow and spend an extra day there instead.

January 18th, 2014

Kabale to Kampala by Post Bus took just under 8 hours. It was interesting to see how the countryside changed as we descended down from the high forests to the flat lands that lead to Lake Victoria. Other than that the trip was uneventful.

We are now back in Kampala and in the comfort of the Sheraton. What a change from where we have been. Electricity 24 hours and hot water is pretty much guaranteed.

This has been a really great trip. I will be adding photos to the blog and will send out a notice when I have done that. We got some great photos and there are a lot to go through. Unfortunately Ugandans do not like their pictures taken so we have very few of the people and they have such wonderful faces it was a bit of a disappointment that we couldn't capture some of them. With consent, we did get a few.

Long trip home tomorrow! I am looking forward to catching up with everyone when we get back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb