On the road again!


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Okay so we found a much better way of getting from Mwanza to Uganda then originally figured out while in Kenya!
Late last night we boarded a ferry that would remind you of the Titanic (including 1 through to 3rd class)
We were lucky and booked our tickets a week in advance and so we got second class sleeping since ti was going to be a 9 hour ferry through the night! Second class consisted of 6 bunk beds crammed into a tiny tiny room!
We were lucky and snagged us top bunks which had more breathing room!
There wasnt much sleep to be had once on borad since it was pretty loud and the lights didnt turn off and all that jazz! So with about 2 hours sleep, we boarded a bus to Kampala from Bukoba which we must say, was on time and wasn't running on "african time" .
We are now in Kampala staying at this really funky hostel called backpackers.
But overall we HATE and I mean HATE KAMPALA with all our might! We cant wait to get out of here tomorrow morn'n!
The city is as crazy as a city in china with all the people and traffic. And we attempted to go to the bank ( one of the main branches in Kampala) and the ATM machine swallowed my debit card!!! I started to hit and beat the machine, but that did no good!
So we went inside to tell them to get my card. The people found this hilarious and actually laughed at Katie and told her to wait with the machine with me. As we were waiting people kept coming in and trying to use tyhe machine even after we explained clearly it wasnt working!
After 30 minutes of waiting I went inside to ask again, at which point they gave me my card because they had already gottan it 20 minutes before and just forgot to inform us!!!! BAHHHHH!!! I was ready to kill someone!
Katie and I both agree that we have never had such mean people be around us this entire trip!
People here are just rude, pushy and not nice at all!! So we are hoping Jinga will renew our faith in the Ugandan people!!!
Well that is pretty much our little rant for the day! but on a good note, we just discovered that Kampala has a movie theater and is still playing "Sex In the CITY!!!!" YAYAYA!
So we are going to treat our selves to the movie before we get on our way to roughing it for the rest of the trip with no running water or even electricity!!!!
Love you all! and miss you!!!
xoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb