LKOS Last King of Scotland


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Entebbe
March 4th 2013
Published: March 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Using the quote, "bad government and corruption are to blame for global poverty". What examples of the bomb are associated with Ida Amin and Uganda in the 1970's? Explain.

The examples would be: People back up Amin, (military leader).

Military/Army "fights for the people". Which is only political in the sense that the people think they're helping to build the country in which they aren't.

Medical Supplies are scarce and non existent.

The City is rich and full of tall buildings while the people out in the country live in poverty.

The country needs helping doctors and medical aid. Ida Amin is part of the problem. The word that comes to mind when men like Ida Amin are in power and dictating a country is greed. Greed is killing his people and ruining thousands of lives.

Technology shortages are very common especially when dealing with Hospitals, etc.
There are health and disease problems occuring at an insane rate.

2.

Bad government, poor leadership, and political instability prevent economic development in many ways.

Such as:

Ida Amin is power hungry and doesn't know when to stop, which is absoloutly horrible for the country

He uses violence to keep his power. He also, stripped away a doctor that was helping people in the country for his own personal needs and his personal doctor. He's an extremely selfish person/leader due to his lack of compassion for his nation. He's super wealthy and not helping the children and starving people. There is no money for the people. It's people like this that create all sorts of chaos for the people because entrepreneurship is not able to bloom and without businesses the economy will be in the toilet.
Ida Amin came from a very poor family so maybe using psychology, we can determine that it's some sort of power disorder that he needs to show people that he's all powerful. The British are in power and he is there puppet. Also, a very paranoid person. He promised to build schools and help the country, etc. None of which he had done. He didn't even help his son's own medical needs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb