Last Weekend in Uganda


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Entebbe
March 18th 2023
Published: March 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

I had a last weekend in Uganda before heading to Kenya. In the morning the ladies and I went for a canoe ride into the swamp area of Lake Victoria in search of the elusive Shoebill Bird. These prehistoric looking birds can reach 3 ft tall. They get their name from the large bill that resemble a shoe. We saw many lovely birds along the way until we finally saw the Shoebill. He watched us for awhile and then flew away much higher and faster than you would expect his large body to allow.

In the afternoon we had a gathering with some of the women from the organization. It started with a discussion of what makes a good man. Then we broke for food and dancing. DJ Smooth (Irene) had the music going and everyone danced.

The next morning we took a ride out to Hope’s village to see her mother and some siblings. You don’t go on a road trip in Uganda without your car breaking down. About an hour for our destination our car stopped. But, luckily a guy riding his bike past was a mechanic and had his tools with him. He had us back on the road in under an hour.

I am not able to upload photos at the moment so here is a link to them instead

https://share.icloud.com/photos/07c0mDU0C3vzksN6RS9exh64Q


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb