Tunis


Advertisement
Tunisia's flag
Africa » Tunisia » Tunis
December 20th 2008
Published: December 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went to Tunis with a very big aircraft that wasn’t even half full! So the flight felt like forever.
After a very long wait a wheelchair showed up for an old lady. We finally left the aircraft and took a scenic bus ride to the hotel. I had a Cape Town feeling driving there...
At the hotel we soon learned that the people there aren’t the friendliest and if you cannot speak or understand French/Arabic it’s your problem.

After a shower and sending my uniform to the dry cleaners 5 of us jumped into a taxi to Sidi Bousaid. Sisi Bousaid is the typical tourist street where you can shop and bargain. The shop keepers are just as unfriendly and abrupt as the hotel staff and you soon lose interest to be there. It was freezing with the wind and the rain. JP and I wanted to wait for the rest but we were to hungry and cold so we grabbed the next taxi. On our way to the hotel we spotted a small corner shop where you can buy shwarmas. It was delicious and so cheap; JP bought another shwarma for later. Finally back at the hotel we could warm up and rest for the next day. During the night the wind was howling like the SW in Gordonsbay, waking me up a few times.

The next morning I braved the cold and went to the gym that was situated outside the Hotel, and had a workout and a steam in the sauna. My uniform was delivered and I got ready for the flight back. I never thought it would be that cold!



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0943s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb