Tunisia


Advertisement
Tunisia's flag
Africa » Tunisia » Tunis
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Packing for Tunisia? Take a black wig just in case!!!

I am not kidding... when I was a kid I had red-blonde hair. Obviously there are not that many people with red-blond hair anyway (not talking about our Scotish friends 😉)...and in Tunisia the number of people having or having seen red-blonde hair might just be near zero. All thar resulted in Tunisian people touching my head when I was passing them thinking my hair was made of gold and one man even bidding 1000 camels in trade for me...glad my parents didn't agree.

Just THAT one "hairy" fact gives us one picture of Tunisia: The country is very spirituell, religious and well...pour. But when you are in Tunisia only staying at a Hotel you don't get that picture as the hotels are just tourist-friendly: You get several pools, a bar, a buffet, people walking around trying to make you stay as nice as possible, childrens activities, bingo, Karaoke, singing and dancing-programs every single day ect ect... so if you are staying at a hotel you are just in some kind of blue tourist-bubble, having no clue about the real Tunisia...

The real Tunisian cities look quite different: a lot of traffic, a lot of people, a lot of people sitting on the streets asking you for money, a lot of thieves and humbugs... old small streets packed with tourist halls, everyone bagging you to buy something..you'll see shops with mostly religious souvenirs... on the one hand side the atmosphere is quiete nice while walking through the old small streets with its huge stony stairs...on the other hand side it is really hectically and you have to watch your stuff not to be taken by a thief.

Without the chaos caused by the huge amount of tourists, the thieves and the people bagging for money Tunisia is a quite nice cultural place with lot to see.
The hotels (remember to pick one with at least 4 stars!!!) are clean, the people friendly, the entertainment programs nice for both young and old. The beach is beautiful and the sea is clean and perfect for a swim 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb